Portland Property Management
We Can Help Manage Your Portland Rental Property
Portland Homes, Inc. is a full service Real Estate Brokerage. We focus on residential management and sales.
Following are some of our most common services.
We offer a full range of property management services tailored to you as an investor, homeowner, or landlord. We have an extensive porfolio with over 300 single family homes, townhouses, condos, and apartments in the Portland area.
The Benefits of using Portland Homes, Inc.
- No hassle management
- Automated owner statements
- Online Owner Portal Access
- Industry leading marketing tools
- 24/7 maintenance request handling
- Prompt Response to Tenant Requests
- Low vacancy rate
- Low time on market
- Industry specific local knowledge
Inquire About Our Services
What we do as your property manager:
This service begins with an informational meeting regarding management services. The details of our Management Contract are explained and discussed. We then inspect and evaluate the property. If both parties are in agreement, a Management Contract is executed and we then begin management of the property. The following is a list of what we do:
- An initial inspection is completed and suggestions are given to the Owner regarding any maintenance needed (i.e. cleaning, yard care, painting...) for the property.
- Advertising for Internet is prepared. "For Rent" sign is placed on the property.
- Prospective Tenants are pre-screened for pets, smoking and housing needs. Once a Prospective Tenant(s) has been shown the property, they are thoroughly screened. Included in the screening are a credit check, criminal check, civil check (evictions), employment check, and current and previous landlord check. We request a copy of a current pay stub, valid picture I.D., and a copy of Social Security Card or verification of Social Security number. Prospects are required to make 3 times the monthly rent in the form of income. If a Prospective Tenant(s) does not meet our criteria we either reject the application or we may offer, depending on the circumstances, to add a co-signor or suggest a higher Security Deposit. Once a Tenant has been selected, a non-refundable Reservation Deposit is collected. Tenant will then have up to 14 days to move-in.
- A detailed move-in inspection is completed and accepted by the approved Tenant. Rental/Lease agreements and all necessary addendums are executed with all Tenants and in compliance with Oregon Landlord/Tenant Law.
- An accounting of all entries are noted and delivered to Owner's monthly on a computerized statement. We will pay, from the Owner's account, all necessary utility payments (garbage, water, association dues, etc.) We pay our Owner's directly or directly deposit their income into a local bank, at no extra charge.
- Year end statements are delivered to Owners in January of the following year. Included are an Income/Expense register, Cash Flow analysis and a 1099 Form showing income received to satisfy IRS Tax filing procedures.
- Handle all calls from the Tenant. We have a paging service for after hour emergencies.
- We contract Licensed, Bonded Contractors to either bid or complete repair/maintanence work. Owners are consulted regarding cosmetic, non-emergency, repairs and repairs that are in excess of $400.00. Owners have the ability to complete work themselves. A work history report is available for our Owner's that details the history of maintanence work completed at their property.
- Enforce rules and regulations on the Rental/Lease agreement. This includes verbally contacting Tenants of violations (typically yard care), and written notices when needed. Owner is notified regarding serious Tenant challenges that may lead to eviction, prior to eviction filing.
- Upon notification from Tenant of intent to move (30-day notice), we promptly notify Owner.
- Complete a move-out inspection within 3 days of Tenants departure. Required cleaning/maintance is detailed and delivered to Owner (unless otherwise specified). Owner may elect to complete work or have us schedule the work.
- Final accounting of outgoing Tenants Security Deposit is completed and delivered to Tenant with any deposit monies returned or a request for payment on unpaid balance due.
- Delinquent Tenant accounts are turned over to a collection agency.
- Owners receive full accounting of Tenant turnover on following monthly statement.
- Act on Owner's behalf regarding an insurance claim. We must be added as an additionally insured on the "Landlord Homeowner's Policy".
- "I have done business with John Casey and Portland Homes, Inc. for over 10 years. A job promotion and transfer out of the area, and not wanting to sell my home until I was sure the relocation would work, left me looking for a property manager. There was no way I could screen applicants, collect rent, arrange repairs, etc. from 700 miles away in a new job. Portland Homes came highly recommended..." read more
- "I own single family homes for 20 years and have used Portland Homes Inc to manage some of my properties for 5 years. I like and care for people and have managed my own rentals myself for many years. Before using Portland Homes, I tried four other management companies including Bluestone and Hockley. These companies did not work out. In fact if I am honest, they were terrible. One let a tenant stay and not pay rent..." read more
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why should I choose Portland Homes, Inc?A: We are committed to strive for perfection. From our leasing agents to our accounting department, we understand that you are our valued customer. We suggest you shop our company, as well as our competitors. Act as if you are a prospective Tenant looking for a rental. You will find that we do our best to answer every call with a live, polite person.
Our goal is to give you peace of mind, after having proven our desire to treat your property like it is our own.
- View All >>
Portland Area Information
Portland is a city located in the U.S. state of Oregon, near the confluence of the Willamette and Columbia rivers.
As of the 2010 Census, it had a population of 583,776, Its population was estimated by the Portland State University
Population Research Center to be 587,865 in 2012. making it the 29th most populous city in the United States.
Portland is Oregon's most populous city, and the third most populous city in the Pacific Northwest region, after Seattle,
Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia. Approximately 2,260,000 people live in the Portland metropolitan area (MSA),
the 23rd most populous MSA in the United States.
Portland was incorporated in 1851 and is the county seat of Multnomah County. The city extends west into the Cedar Mill neighborhood in Washington County and south towards Lake Oswego in Clackamas County. The city has a commission-based government headed by a mayor and four other commissioners; the city and region are noted for strong land-use planning and investment in light rail. This is supported by Metro, a distinctive regional government. Because of its public transportation networks and efficient land-use planning, Portland has been referred to as one of the most environmentally friendly, or "green", cities in the world.
Located in the Marine west coast climate region, Portland has a climate marked by both warm, dry summers and wet, cool-to-chilly winter days. This climate is ideal for growing roses. For more than a century, Portland has been known as the "City of Roses", with many rose gardens � most prominently the International Rose Test Garden. The city is also known for its large number of microbreweries and microdistilleries, as well as its food carts and coffee enthusiasm. It is also the home of the Timbers Major League Soccer team and the Trail Blazers National Basketball Association team. wikipedia